At the time being, COOPI is following the procedures to open a branch office in Libya.
Objectives and plans of COOPI Libya
COOPI envisage to work in Libya in the following activity areas:
- Food Security and Livelihood
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Protection (Child Protection in particular)
- Capacity building and support to Local Civil Society Organizations
COOPI plans to directly implement the programmes and projects with dedicated Libyan and International staff and will also establish partnerships with local internally vetted CSOs to operate in area where a direct implementation approach won’t be applicable.
COOPI’s operations will target primarily Libyan population (IDPs, vulnerable Libyans), but this will not preclude the possibility to operate in favor of non-Libyans.
COOPI is currently monitoring funding opportunities with several donors both in the humanitarian and development fields and plans to start operations in the field within the year 2021 (once the registration approved).
The duty of this position is mainly divided in the below main activities:
- Help COOPI Libya understanding and navigating the various government bodies and regulatory requirements such as visas, registration, taxes, access permissions, and reports to security bodies.
- Responsible for support the opening of the main COOPI office in Libya
- Together with the Representative of COOPI, represent COOPI interest during meetings with Libyan authorities, host-country government officials and local communities.
- Conduct visits to, and keep updated different authorities in Libya and introduce COOPI Libya;
- Liaise with all relevant bodies in order to build COOPI operational capacity in the country including, regular reporting when required and any other related activity;
- Liaise with any appropriate body in place, in charge of granting access and authorization necessary to activities’ implementation, assessment or any other action required and in line with the scope of COOPI presence in Libya;
- Under the guidance of the Representative of COOPI and in collaboration with the HQ, provide continued support to the organization and implementation of activities, facilitating access and guaranteeing local acceptance;
- Under the guidance of the COOPI representative and in collaboration with the HQ, provide continued support on the identification and development of projects that meet COOPI funding criteria, by facilitating the collection of information, organize field visit and related assessment.
- In collaboration with the legal advisor, lead on the organization and submission of all necessary documents for visa issues, flight organization and security clearance of staff traveling in and out of Libya.
- Perform other related duties as determined by the Organization to ensure successful COOPI program implementation.
Professional experience related to the job:
A minimum of three years of relevant working experience;
Experience in international relief and development in Libya is a strong advantage;
Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage;
Experience in liaising with governmental/ local authorities, International Organizations and NGOs;
Experience of working within an insecure environment with accountability for security monitoring and management;
Ability to deal with administrative documents.
Ability to understand the administrative policies of the Government of Libya;
Proven capacity to work with government and local authorities;
Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
MS Proficiency (word, excel, etc.).
Knowledge of Libyan Law is mandatory
Attitudes and soft skills:
Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
Institutional relations management and cultural context understanding;
Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure;
Fluency in English and Arabic
Very good inter-personal behavior;
Computer literacy, with proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel)
Experience in working with NGOs is a plus;
Knowledge of Italian is a plus;
Previous work experience in the same position is a plus;
How To Apply
Send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected]
- Address Tunis, Tunisia